I guess it is that time of year again. With 2006 approaching in just a few days I thought that I might suggest six resolutions. In the year 2006 I resolve:
- To love God … to know His will … to meditate on Him and His word … to yield to and not quench the Holy Spirit … to be pleasing to Him.
- To love people … to genuinely care … to listen more and speak less … to love my wife … to love my kids and grandkids … to love Christ’s body … to love those who hurt.
- To be me … to live from my guts and not brain … to have the courage to live from my heart … to not let our culture or other people define who I am.
- To be generous … to be a compassionate giver … to be a good steward of everything that God has blessed me with … to be content.
- To stretch … to leave my comfort zone … to do things that make me feel uneasy … to be around people who are not like me.
- To take care of myself … to exercise and eat healthier … to rest … to have boundaries … to live life and not manage it.
I’d be interested in knowing what, if anything, you have resolved for the New Year. In either case have a blessed and joyous 2006.