Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. -Philippians 4:8-9
Thought that I would begin today by meditating on these words that Paul recommends to us:
Help us Lord to remember these words and sow them into our lives today by putting them into practice.
- true :: reminds me that God wants me to live a life that is true to who I am in Him;
- noble :: speaks to me of the honor that we have to live as children of the most High;
- right :: to know the right thing to do and to do it is an act of righteousness;
- pure :: teaches me that I should always keep my conscience clear and my motives pure;
- lovely :: encourages me to personify grace with lovely acts of graciousness and compassion;
- admirable :: helps me to remember that I want to be a man who acts with dignity and integrity;
- excellent :: reminds me that God brings beauty from ashes when we seek Him with all of our hearts;
- praiseworthy :: causes me to live in such a way that I may one day hear: "well done faithful servant".