We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. [Hebrews 6:12 NIV]
Several words jumped out to me as I read this verse:
- lazy - I have found that my relationship with God requires diligence;
- imitate - often we can learn from the mistakes and successes of others;
- faith and patience - we really cannot have one without the other;
- inherit - there are things we do not earn but are simply given;
- promised - speaks to me of a future filled with hope.
These words speak to me about what it means to wait on the Lord. We do not idly wait as for a bus. Our waiting is all about being diligent in faith and patient in prayer as we look forward with hope.
You are worthy Lord Jesus of our faith, diligence and patience. We praise you.
... this devotion is part of a series from the book of Hebrews.